HybridZ

Bored out N36 manifold

432-r

ok, I am hoping someone here can provide some insight on this matter. I have a N36 which is bored out to 50mm running a pair of 2" British SU's.

My quesiton is - i want to go back to the hitachi's. Now is the manifold useless being bored out larger now?

Or can i still use it. Will there be performance issues with a 1 3/4" carby feeding into a 2" intake?

Any help appreciated on this one - i would rather not have to source another N36 manifold as i have done quite a bit of work to mine,

thanks,

Peter.

ok, I am hoping someone here can provide some insight on this matter. I have a N36 which is bored out to 50mm running a pair of 2" British SU's.

My quesiton is - i want to go back to the hitachi's. Now is the manifold useless being bored out larger now?

Or can i still use it. Will there be performance issues with a 1 3/4" carby feeding into a 2" intake?

Any help appreciated on this one - i would rather not have to source another N36 manifold as i have done quite a bit of work to mine,

thanks,

Peter.

Why don't you just put them on the car and run it to see if its an issue. My biggest concern would be a good gasket seal at the base of the 1 3/4" SU.

Should work fine by my thinking. A few of us had a conversation about larger intake manifolds and how a "step" actually creates an anti-reversion effect.

I say give it a try as well and see what kind of differences you note in drivability.

Ray

Edited by rayaapp2

• 11 months later...