HybridZ

What air filter or JTR setup?

I just ordered the JTR intake and asked them what air filter to use. They didn't know, so I was hoping someone that put the JTR intake kit on could guide me in the right direction. Also how did you mount the air tempature sensor? Just drill a hole into the piping?

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

I have the JTR intake, I bought the filter on ebay and I knew I needed a filter to fit 3.5 inch tubing and I used the picture on the JTR website as reference for the shape and size of the filter. I drilled a hole for the air temperature sensor with a drill bit the size of the sensor and sealed around the hole with silicone sealant. Test fit everything in place and mark your location were you are going to drill for sensor, and do your drilling on your work table or bench so you can clean up the shavings before you install everything back on the car.

post-869-010631400 1298431235_thumb.jpg

post-869-053595800 1298431314_thumb.jpg

I use an IAT with a 3/8 npt thread on it. So welding a bung onto metal pipe with a female 3/8npt is required. On another car, I was using ABS plastic for an intake pipe, so I drilled a hole slightly smaller then the threads, and just forced / screwed it right into the hole. No problem at all.