HybridZ

White face gauges...

Chris-280ZX

Well this is an interior question, but seeing as how we dont have an interior section I thought this would be the place. I was in my parent's new jeep liberty the other day. The white face gauges were AMAZING!! :eek: So I was thinking, White faces in my Z would look great to go along with the paint. However I have the 280ZX that NO ONE makes parts for, let alone this like white face gauges. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys tongue.gif

Guest 280Tom'z

make your own i did all ya gotta do is pull the gagues out and take the faces out and scan them then make them up on your computer then just print on High quality paper and paste also while you have them apart you can change the lights to blue or what ever i did mine and i think it looks good OR you could always go Autometer hope that helps cheers.gif

Hey I am doing the gauges in my car right now! I have a 1980 280ZX and I am using a 93 Chevy LT1 & T56. That is the main reason I am going with new gauges. Since my tranny didnt have a speedometer gear I am using all electronic gauges. It cost about $450 for a Speedo, Tach, Oil Pres, Water Temp, and Volt meter. These are Autometer Phantom Series gauges. I am sticking with my fuel gauge because Autometer doesnt make a fuel gauge that is accurate for Nissan's. I would have to modify the sender in the tank if I want my fuel gauge to be accurate.

Here's the link to it...

http://www.hybridz.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001079

Guy rockon.gif

If your not that handy with designing your own white face gauges or really would rather have something more like the indiglo, or reverse glow gauges check these folks out.

http://www.mmrusa.com/nissangauges.htm

I spoke to them awhile ago, For $95 send them your gauges and they will replace them with theirs. for $130 you could even have custom markings.

Make your own. I designed mine on the computer then had them printed at a print shop on plastic using UV ink. I then adhered them with spray adhesive. I am very pleased with the results. Be sure and have them printed with the UV resistant ink though, I would hate to go to all that trouble only to have them fade. Check them out.

http://www.frpinc.com/projectz/ProjectZ.htm

I called and spoke to them for awhile, Yes they can do the gauges for a 280zx BUT.... since they do not have a template on hand right now, you would have to send your faces in so they can duplicate them. give them a call, they were very friendly and helpful. If I remember correctly they also said they would only replace the gauges that that were still factory, so If you've done any mods or your own decal then you may be out of luck.

my business partner can get the set made for you...we have a business in making custom gauge faces for cars since 95. if your interested,,,pricing should be about $65 shipped for white faced. but can do full custom but price depends on what must be customed. we've done cars that made magazine covers on turbo magazine and super street. our latest project was for a convertable JAG,,,he wanted his gauges to look like his Rolex watch so we made it happen...looks pretty slick. we have 240,260,280zx gauges. just need to know which 280zx set you have...85MPH cluster or the 130mph one. email me anytime for info or examples at dattozxt@hotmail.com