HybridZ

HIDs for a 240...

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

was wondering about these. i got the h4's for the 240 and they just don't seem bright enough. when i'm driving under street lights or towards oncoming cars, my headlights get drowned out.

so does anyone make HIDs for the z? and if they do, how hard is it to put them in?

thanks!

I bought HID for the Supra - it was nowhere near $800! :rolleyes: It was about half that.

Anyway, HID requires a very well done set of optics to work right. Most lenses aren't designed right for them - projecvtor style lights work best but obviously the Z hasn't got them.

First things first - install relays on your headlights. Stock wiring goes through a country mile of wire and through the headlight switch and fuse box. By the time it's 20 years old the wiring and connections are putting some pretty decent resistance into the circuit. If you measure the voltage I'll bet it's SEVERAL volts down - mine was. Using relays made a MAJOR difference - night and day (seriously).

The Silverstars are GOOD bulbs. I'm using those as high beams on my Supra. Turning on the high beams with the HID I can barely tell the difference between them and there are NO funky optics issues to worry about. Relays first though otherwise the Silverstars will burn out your wiring...

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

i know i've asked this before, but how do i put in the relay? any one have a step by step thing for the electrically stupid? including where to mount everything?

I have a used K2 HID kit at work for sale. I do belive its the 9006 or the 9005 bulb. It came out of the lowbeams of a tahoe. My customer didnt think the light was purple enough, so he bought the CATZ HID kit. Must be nice to be able to be that picky!

Anyways, the kits 6 months old, and for sale for 300 bucks. (Im half tempted to give it a shot in my acura!)

Thanks guys - Evan

hey Zline..

those lights look like they are from the new Q45.

that would be cool if you can put those lights in the housing of 240Z style lights.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mike

Guest fly yellow

get some serios lights

i have real 100w/110w ligths that are for off road use only

they are brigther thatn hid's (have compared to a friends bmw) they are over double the legal wattage in my state but hey they are aimed right so no complaints am using the marchelle Z beam lenses

hey Zline..

those lights look like they are from the new Q45.

that would be cool if you can put those lights in the housing of 240Z style lights.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mike

they are from a Q45, it adapts the Q45 hid multibulb headlight into a H4 Hella housing and uses it as a foglight

Guest Zachb55

That would be very trick to put those in the stock housing, so you think those would be bright enough? i didnt read that page (have it translated i mean) and so maybe it said but do those alone have a high and low beam? are they available in US?

yes the parts are available in the united states

Q45 headlamp & Hella H4 offroad drivelight housing

when adapted for foglight use there is no high and low beam just super bright HID power

here is a picture of JUST the foglights on s29_pr.jpg

Guest Zachb55

So if i were to use those as a replacement of the main Z headlights 1) do you think it would be a good idea? 2) do you think they would be too bright to have on at all times?

-Zach

So if i were to use those as a replacement of the main Z headlights 1) do you think it would be a good idea? 2) do you think they would be too bright to have on at all times?

-Zach

No Zach -- They'd make GREAT foglights if you're into night rally like i am, running them as a headlight in any state by montana would get you pulled over faster than....hell just fast...

But they do make GREAT foglights

Guest Philanthr0py

you might want to check out the "Catz Zeta" system it's the poor mans HID. This system still uses a ballast to power the bulbs like a true HID system. I've seen these in person and they are in my opinion a good light setup for people who want HID but can't afford it.