HybridZ

thinking about a wheel upgrade

has anyone ever run a 17x9 wheel under the stock fender on a 240z? i have coilovers and the wheel backspacing would be 6.2"... any insight would be appreciated.

I believe it has been done with a 16x9 and stretched tires, It's hard to say if you would have rubbing issues or not on your LCA's as well. You could probably do it but it would be a lot easier if you just went with ZG flares or some other flares. You may also have issues with the tire rubbing with the inside of the wheel well if you run the car too low.

Running with a 6" backspacing to be safe (not sure if you figured your backspacing with the suspension compressed or not) You could run a +25 offset at a 9 inch wide wheel. The difficult part is if a 40 profile tire on a 17 would rub in the wheel well when you hit a bump unless you raise the height on your coilovers. I believe they make a few 17x9 wheels with +25 offset and you could always run a small spacer which could be dangerous depending on your driving style. Since you have coilovers you could probably do it if you have the money to get the right wheels and tires.

Edited by 19762802+2