HybridZ

Fuel pump overheating?

So I finally got my Z up and running. Cleaned fuel tank, new lines from front to back, new injectors, used stock pump. I can start my car up and it will idle and purr like a dream. I can rev up to 5000 no problem, not misses or cut outs.

I drove the car down the block and was coming back around the corner when I started to hear the fuel pump start to whine and the engine starts to cutout. I have a fuel pressure gauge installed and when the engine and everything is cooled off I get about 36 psi, however once the engine gets up to operating temp, it drops down to 20psi. At that point any thottle will kill the car.

Having the ability to rev the engine when everything is cooled off makes me think that the ignition isn't an issue. New plugs, wires, and coil, as well as new plugs installed into the harness for all of the injectors.

Any way to test the fuel pump as it sits now? I'm scatching my head and want to make sure it is truely a bad pump before I go purchase a replacement.