HybridZ

What do I put this in?!??

AlwaysBroke

you need to go see the guys on www.v8forum.co.uk the buick 215 manufacturing rights were bought by Rover and became the Rover 3.5...

I had a rover 3.5 from a 70's P6B rover, sold it to a guy down the road who has 4 or 5 of them. TVR's have them, Westfields have them, lots of UK kit cars have them, Leyland trucks have them... there are LOTS of rover V8's in the UK and they have fitted them to everything from motorbikes to busses.

Look for some Buick 300 heads or late 80's onwards Rover heads with the larger intake valves, the Buick and early Rover heads are extremely restrictive. The later rover heads are hardly less so. there are a number of UK makers of aftermarket heads, Merlin is probably the best known.

A guy in Australia put a Leyland P76 4.0 (same block and heads, longer stroke) into a Z31.

Yeah ive heard that. So should be a good motor seeing as how parts are actually available.

I hear that the MGB GT was originally designed for that engine so It will bolt right up.. but being a roadster owner I am kind of hesitant to own an MG too lol.

I kind of like the idea of having a small lightweight classic sedan though.. 510 would be killer but they are getting hard as hell to find these days.

Yeah. They are a little more rare than Z cars, but far from impossible to find. They are definitly in the SERIOUSLY under appriciated car category, so most people who have them don't take great care of them much like Z cars. But just keep an eye on Craigslist and E-bay. I nearly bought one a year ago for 500 bucks with intentions of throwing a 22REt into it...but I bought a Z instead.

I thought Cosworth only modified the Vega? You may be confusing the two.

Anyway, speaking of Cosworth, I'd actually REALLY like to put a screamy V8 into a 190E Mercedes and buy the Evolution bodykit for it. You can buy them on the cheap because their engine is generally garbage, and they have that cool German 80's boxy sedan cool factor to them...if that's your thing.