HybridZ

Differences 70/71 240z vs 260/280z 5speed

Hey Guys,

Curently I feel more and more good to be a new Z owner: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/98862-hello-from-germany-said-an-infected-z-fan/page__view__findpost__p__927325__fromsearch__1

But As this nice ride is an automatic, I would like to swap in a 5speed.

Now John told me to take care As there are differences between the pedalboxes and Brakeboosters, I am Not White for what to Look.

My famous wish would Be to get a cheap partscar to take everything apart I need or could need in the future.

It would Be great if I can get a 260/280 with a 5speed, where I could use not only gearbox and pedalbox, But also glasses around, fenders, Doors and Interieur Parts.

Are there Zs fitting my wish, or should I buy the parts, As I Need them?

To have more Parts on Hand would Be of course Reals attractive to me.

Thanks for any Information in this, and please remember, I am a stupid Z newbie from Europe, so I Need Basics :wink:

Joe

My thread about pedal boxes

Hopefully that helps you a little.

I seem to remember all the early stuff being interchangeable. That is to say all the individual parts not just assemblies. For example the big single auto brake pedal can come out and the std brake pedal will bolt in its place into the box and there is a provision for the clutch pedal on the auto pedal box so all you need is the pedal and hardware and you can bolt it in. I think the bulkhead may be tapped for the clutch cylinder, but there is a block off plate over it, but that could be wrong. Its been 10 years or so since I last messed with an autobox S30 just so you have an idea and my memory has failed me often lately.

GL! ;)

Edited by rayaapp2