HybridZ

Advice on buying V8 Z

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've stumbled across a 1974 260z that has been swapped over to a Chevy 350 Vortec, and a 700R4 tranny. The current owner is not the one who did the swap so he doesn't know too many intricate details. This is what we do know about the powertrain/drivetrain:

• 350 vortec out of a 90's truck ( I am assuming a L31 here?)
  • "RV" cam (looking at this car for a semi-daily driver so the low-end torque is good)
  • 700R4 tranny (I prefer an auto to manual, and the 4 speed auto is a big plus for me)

He doesn't know how many miles are on either the engine or tranny. When he bought the car he was having overheating issues but installed a new radiator and fan and is running fine now. It is an A/C car and he can run the A/C in traffic without it over heating.

More info on the car: around 56K miles on the body, claims no rust, paint is somewhat new, tires and wheels are in good condition. The car is not used as a daily driver but rather a weekend car, drums in the back discs in the front, bumper delete, headers, interior is in good condition.

I'm am a newbie when it comes to the whole V8 in a Z (and most Z's in general). What exactly do you guys think I should look for when I go check the car out? Any major things I need to keep an eye out for that are deal breakers? What do you guys think based on the pics?

He's asking $7500

Thanks a lot in advance. I really appreciate and help / comments I can get from you guys.

Edited by Victor B

Looks like JTR mounts, engine sits back correctly, it is also using JTR hood latch mounts. Could use a little detailing in the engine compartment. The body and wheels look great. Hows the interior? As long as everything works, and looks like it was constructed neatly, I'd say $7500 is a very good price.

Thanks for the comments!

No interior pictures but the seller says the interior is in good condition. I am going to try to make it out Sunday to see it in person. One thing that I do like is the fact that they went all the way through and installed A/C with the swap. To me that says that they knew what they were doing or at least took the time to make it work, haha.