HybridZ

Want comparable 0-60 and 1/4 mile times

I know a 240z is not the best for 1/4 mile times but just looking for comparable performance. These cars are probly considered slow nowadays but Ive benn in 'em and thought they were pretty quick. I own a 2000 Mustang GT that stock made 260hp and 300 torque and weighed 3200 pounds. Went 0-60 in 6 sec. and 1/4 mile @ 14.7 sec. Now its a little quicker. A 2005 Mustang is 3400 pounds makes 300hp and 320 torque and goes 0-60 in 5.1 sec and 1/4 mile in 13.5 sec. A 1996 Z/28 is a pig at 3500 pounds makes 285hp and 330 torque and hits 60mph in 5.6 sec and a 1/4 in 14 sec. Now if you just do the math for hp per pound and foot pound torque per pound a 240z would have to make 200-210hp and 220-225 torque to match those performance numbers. I know you have to still look at gearing, traction, suspension, aerodynamics, etc... What have some of you guys run and with what kind of engine/drivetrain combo? What will it take to get close to these performance numbers? Can I go 0-60 in 6 seconds with a streetable L28 motor with 5 speed or a 280zx motor with the boost turned up a little? Is there a list somewhere of Z owners, there engine setups and performance numbers? I would just like to hang with the cars Im used to and still be able to spank them in the twisties. :malebitch

• 4 years later...

My buddy has a 280z.switched over to carbs,10:1 CR and 4.11 diff with slicks.stick car.hits 60in 5.3 seconds.running stock cam and 100oct AVE gas mixed with 93oct.available at the pump here in Florida.beats my buddies 96 mustang 302 all day.hes a kick a** driver though.