HybridZ

WTB a 280z Gas tank

lalit0

I just pulled one from a running 77 280z.

EDIT:

Wasn't thinking on the 75 tank into the 240z.

Anyway, if there is a need for some reason, $75 plus shipping. Sending unit included. This tank was nice and clean inside as well.

Edited by JSM

First off 77-78 280z fuel tanks will not mount in the stock 240z position whereas 75-76 280z fuel tanks will. This is what makes them valuable and their rarity keeps the prices what they are...

Here's what I have;

An EFI gas tank removed from a 7/75 Datsun 280z.

2 holes were PROFESSIONALLY welded ( some people punch holes to drain old gas..) and the tank was PROFESSIONALLY boiled out at the only place in the county that does such a thing.

There is little to no surface rust inside!

There is no varnish in this tank.

It has been pressure tested and is completely tight.

It is ready for use, or for the ultimate, could be chemically sealed by the buyer.

There are 2 rather large dents on the bottom and the top is pushed in a little also. One of the missing insulators was replaced with layered and epoxied vinyl material.

THESE DEFECTS DO NOT AFFECT PERFORMANCE AND ARE REFLECTED IN A LOWER PRICE FOR THE ITEM (I usually get between $250.00- $275.00 for one in great shape).

The fuel sender locking ring is included.

NO FUEL SENDER INCLUDED.

Shipping cost is maximum figure (less for closer proximity to SoCal) and includes insurance.

This item is boxed and ready to ship.

$205.00 + $57.69 FEDEX Ground shipping

Edited by dhp123166

do they make this brand new or anyboby can recondition them , i want to use it on my 240z, thanx

I have the 75/76 tank being welded up as we speak. a little water sat on top and rotted a hole in it. But it will be a sound tank, acid cleaned for shiny metal inside. I dont believe there are any dents in it. sending unit included.

$225 local pick up. Im in Portland 97233

I could meet you off I-205

Edited by tyler031734