HybridZ

Having some electrical issues with guages!

So I recently just picked up a '74 260z with some wiring problems maybe?

My symptoms are as follows:

-Dash lights do not come on with lights, NONE.

-RPM gauge decides when it wants to work, most of the time it does.

-Other gauges such as oil pressure, water temp. etc. In the middle of the dash do not work whatsoever.

I checked my fuses on the passenger side kick panel, none of the fuses appear to be blown(visually), I also checked the two fuseable links in the engine bay and both those are visually okay.

Has anyone had similar issues? Just trying to feel. I frequent car forums, and I do know how to search, I've searched, and it just doesn't seem that anything is as precise or direct.

Thanks in advance!

You can't trust looking at glass tube fuses or fusible links to tell if they are OK. You need to use an ohm meter to check for continuity. A fusible link usually, but not necessarily, will get a burnt and blistered look when they fail. The fuses can become desoldered inside the glass tube and appear to be fine but have no continuity. The FSM has good, easy to follow diagrams of the gauge circuit. Using this with a multimeter, you should be able to diagnose the problem pretty quickly.

Sam

Sweet! Good info on the fuses, I'll go ahead and replace them all to be sure. And order new fuseable links to be in the safe zone.

I also found a mice nest behind my trim right under the guages, looks to be old, but I'll pull the dash out and go over all wiring because that could very well be a problem too.