HybridZ

No start- Mallory Unilite 240z

Last week I had an issue with not being able to start my car. I ordered a new mallory distributor cap and rotor. My old cap was burned out. I replaced just the cap and it started up fine. I decided to wait and install the new rotor. "Might as well," I thought. Well now the car won't start!

I have no idea what I did wrong. All I did was pull out the old rotor (not held on by anything) and slipped the new one on. I'm new to the world of distributors and don't know much of anything. Last car I worked on was all electronic.

Please help!

Thanks!

Tyler

I had a mechanic buddy of mine come down to do some checking and it looks like no power is coming out of the Mallory Promaster Coils going to the distributor. Power is getting to the relay and the resister ballast so it looks like the Pormaster may be the culprit.

Before I bite the bullet and buy a new one (also buying a new Mallory Ignition Module for the distributor just in case), would anyone suggest checking something else out. Or would anyone suggest a different brand or model other than theMallory Promaster 28720?

Also I have this particular distributor that goes with it- Mallory Unilite Distributor 4563901H.

Thanks