HybridZ

Installed bumpsteerspacers, now discs are rubbing on lca!

My car had some chopped springs installed, car looked awesome, handled terrible... So one of the first things I did was buy some new eibach lowering springs and after reading up on lowering z's I bought a set of "bumpsteerspacers" from blackdragonauto. Now after installing this my front rotors are rubbing on the lower control arms when I turn the steering wheel, makes a horrible sound to if driving... Anyone experienced this?

My brake setup is a four piston caliper which I assume is from a toyota after reading this forum and browsing images on google so I'm guessing the rotors are of a Z31 then. I'm including som pictures of my setup. (This was on my car when I bought it so I don't know exactly what brakes they are, any help would be appreciated)

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

And here you can see the spacer installed:

DSC_0169.jpg

Should I just remove the spacer and drive without it?

Should I grind off a little on the control arm?

Is it possible to space out the rotor? I noticed the calipers uses two washers to center it, could I remove those and space out the rotor itself equally?

It didn't rub when I bought the car(chopped springs and no spacers)

Are the ball joints worn allowing extra play? That setup should reqire spacers between the hub & the rotor to properly space them, were incorrect spacers used?

Not sure if spacers where used on rotors as I have not taken it appart. But there are two washers on each caliper mounting bolt, moving the calipers inwards. I should remove those then and space out the rotor accordingly?

Sounds like the PO didn't bother to get the proper spacer. There shouldn't be any washers spacing out the calipers. Surprised your calipers aren't dragging too.

It is safe however to grind the lip of the control arm off where it's rubbing. This seems to be a requirement with the Arizona Z big brake kit too.

I removed the hub today to check if I could move the rotors further out but there isn't any spacers or such on the rotors, the rotors are mounted flush on the hubs and cannot be moved further out. So I guess the washers on the caliper bolts stay. Unless I mill off a couple of mm's from the mounting face of the rotor to get it further out, but that just sounds like a lot of work, I ground the lip off the lca and problem solved.... 

Maybe the wrong disc brakes are installed? I don't know.

Here you can see the gap between the caliper and the mounting hub without the two washers and bolt mounted: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HKLvQ5UIWks/UeqZJxHqdnI/AAAAAAAAA2Y/0GPG9caTFKI/w251-h446-no/DSC_0213.jpg