HybridZ

Need recommendation on adhesive for urethane to urethane

RebekahsZ

I'm ordering urethane brake ducts to bond to the back of my urethane airdam.  Anybody have a recommendation for a super good adhesive?  If so, any recommendations for prepping both surfaces prior to bonding?

Pics of airdam and ducts attached.

post-5903-0-84817800-1398303146_thumb.jpg

post-5903-0-26909300-1398303440_thumb.jpg

Edited by RebekahsZ

Yeah, I find it to be. .Also, Id suggest adding a colloidal silica while mixing to form a nice peanut butter consistency.

And Sand 150-220 --> Acetone Wipe --> (Clean) --> Mix equal parts G flex (then add colloidal silica) --> Quickly apply items.

The stuff works quickly, and from experience, if you waste a lot of time mixing the silica you'll be pressed for working time with the mateiral.

But it's stupid strong. Very resilient, and from what I can tell very impact, and vibration resistant.

I'm sure Andy's suggestion is a great. An alternative would be 3M panel bonding adhesive or 3M urethane used for glass. It is very flexible and readily available at local parts store. I have used it for many air dam/chin spoiler installs and it works great. The biggest benefit to it is that if the moulded part doesn't butt up perfectly, you can use it to produce up to a 3/4" gap that will adhere both sides.