HybridZ

Stuck Brake Drum - HELP

Need help freeing a stuck rear brake on 76 280Z. Car was parked for some time with hand brake set. Both rear brakes were frozen. Have disconnected hand brake cable and with some work and force I managed to free right side - but can't free left side. Brake adjust hole is near top so cant get to adjuster. Have tried banging on it, tried bar between lug studs. Any / All suggestions appreciated.

This is how I got mine off...

10155462_10203583403367222_150537482_n.j

Spray PB Blaster in/around the lugs and hit the drum with a sledge hammer in alternating patern (top, bottom, left, right).  Then wiggle the drum back an forth.  I takes some time, but she came off.

I have always found drums hard to get off. The best method I have found to remove them is to get them nice and hot... how you ask... Jack the wheel in question up and turn the car on and put her in gear. pull the parking brake, or dont in your case, and give her some gas until she starts smoking a little. take the tire off and the drum should just fall off.

Always works for me