HybridZ

Modern Motorsports 5 lug hub/brake rotor info

hello all,

new member here,

i am in the middle of taking over an LS 240z project and I'm curious to know if anyone can help me identify the brake rotor and caliper used in the Modern Motorsports 5 lug conversion. the front rotors are solid .500" thick, with an integral hat that is approx 1 1/2 tall, it looks as though it was originally a 4 bolt pattern. [it has been re machined to 5 bolt and attaches to the backside of the hub] the caliper is an O.E. 4 piston.. about the size of a Wilwood dynalite and it attaches directly to the original 240 strut mount. thanks for any help..

You either have a stock 240z or 280z rotor. Easiest way to find out is to measure the thickness of the part of the hub between the rotor mounting surface and wheel mounting surface. The 280z hub is 25MM thick while the 240z hub is 16MM Thick. 240z hub uses 240z rotor and 280z hub uses 280z rotor. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by Silver Mine Motors

thanks for the info.

i thought that the 280z front rotor was a vented design..? actually, i thought the 280z was vented front rotor, and drum brake rear,,?

well, thanks for the help -- i was hoping someone on the forum actually had this setup and maybe knew what it is (was) all about..

so maybe a toyota caliper? any idea what model or year(s)??

cheers

p