HybridZ

A question about tach signal.

tightywhitey185

I have an early 260Z and am switching over to EFI running megasquirt 2 V3.57 fully assembled And I am using the megasqurt relay board..For right now I am running fuel ONLY.Everything is wired up and working except for my tach signal.I am running a shielded wire from my negative terminal on my coil like many wiring diagrams suggest to the correct spot on the MS relay board.In tuner studio it keeps telling me there is a sync issue and it just wont work.Ive searched and searched this forum with not a ton of info on fuel only set ups.I opened the ECU and every position that needs to be jumpered for fuel only looks correct?When configuring it in tuner studio i turned the tacho output on,output pin set to JS10?Is that correct?Then i went to ignition options set dizzy to fuel only.Would it be better to find a tach signal off the distributor somewhere?Most megasquirt fuel only diagrams state it needs a wire from the negative on the coil right to the relay board.Is it that simple?I cant figure it out.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It was running wellwhen it was carbureted  before i switched over to throttle bodies.Im getting tach signal inside the car on the physical tach.Its just not syncing with megatune.It keeps saying error with tacho sync.It wont show rpm on the digital dash on tuner studio.

Edited by tightywhitey185