HybridZ

260z no gauges working

Ok guys, early 74 260z.. just got her started and fired up after years of slumber from prior owner. (replaced head gasket, wired up electric fuel pump with its own relay from battery and oil pressure switch, z31 alternator with external voltage regulator removed, zx distributor, maxi fuses in place of fusable links)..

I used this guide for the zx distributor install btw. 

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/104933-1974-260z-with-e12-80-280zx-distributor-swap-wiring-with-tach-hook-up/

I unplugged the transistor ignition ign unit per instructions.

I got the seatbelt interlock removed.

But i am stumped why the gauges do not work. I am a newbe at looking at the fsm wiring diagram. Any suggestions ?

My buddy who also has a 260z just decided to go all speedhut gauges as he also couldnt get his gauges to work. 260 is a freaking oddball.

i realize i keep burning out the Flasher Luz Interm fuse. I was able to get a new fuse in there to see the oil pressure gauge come up, but then the fuse burned out.

With new fuse, the choke light is on, but if i turn turn the choke a few times, it burns out the fuse.

Edited by Hypertek

was fairly easy to find, turns out it was the choke cable switch wires shorting out. So far i got the oil pressure and temp gauge working. No tach yet or amp/fuel level..  I wonder if i should swap to a 280z tach to work with the zx distributor.