HybridZ

harness connector removal from white bracket, under dash passenger side?

Hey guys,

Before I get too fustrated and break something, I figure I better ask. I did a quick search, but didn't find my answer, though the question was posed.

Under the dash (passenger side) where the engine harness comes into the cabin, there is a white bracket supports several harness connectors.

What is the trick to removing the connectors? I've attached a couple pictures for reference. I pried with a couple spots with a flat screwdriver, but it doesn't want to move.

Any help is appreciated.

post-37023-0-30217300-1444343931_thumb.jpg

post-37023-0-98697600-1444343932_thumb.jpg

Those beasts are not intended to be removed, but they can be. There are four tabs that click into place when inserted, and you have to put a small blade behind all of them to get the connector to release from the white socket. And the connectors fit real tight, so you need to use some kind of persuasion (hammer) to move them,

Heat will help soften things, but be REAL sure you need to do this. I've broken the tabs then they don't lock back in.