#1 duragg

duragg

Kilopost Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

Unless I am missing something, there doesn't seem to be a lot of data about the Osiris Uprev VQ35HR or DE support, especially for stand-alone installs.

I'm gonna drop this here and let's see what happens.

A problem I have had is trying to get the ECU to successfully command idle RPM.

I have a Tuner license and cable and tried just about everything but stuck at around 1250RPM idle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1973 S30 (Gutted & caged NASA ST3) 2252lbs (dry & vacant) / VQ35HR/ 4.375 CLSD R200 / GC-Koni doubles / 275 R7s / Safety is a priority.

#2 Leon

Leon

Tremendous grasp of the obvious.

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationSan Bruno, CA

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:19 AM

Is the ECU throwing any DTCs?

#3 Nismospek

Nismospek

• Donating Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:30 AM

Isn't there a reset procedure for the throttle bodies, I've read those tend to get out whack, maybe its affecting your idle? 

#4 duragg

duragg

Kilopost Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:27 PM

No current codes. But we disable most of those in OSIRIS to make it all work in a raw standalone application. I previously got a P2135 and swapped to a spare right throttle body which fixed the P2135 but it doesn't idle well with the spare TB.

So I got 2 brandy new TBs and still idles weird and won't do what the targets in OSIRIS are commanding.

So for fun I re-enabled the throttle closed learning and a bunch of other functions and tried to do the Learn feature but it doesn't seem to take it.

Maybe just how it has to be

Edited by duragg, 04 September 2016 - 01:27 PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1973 S30 (Gutted & caged NASA ST3) 2252lbs (dry & vacant) / VQ35HR/ 4.375 CLSD R200 / GC-Koni doubles / 275 R7s / Safety is a priority.

#5 ihiryu

ihiryu

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationKilleen, TX

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:46 AM

vacuum leaks??  Dirty MAF?

Did you actually do your MAF scaling?  Might be an issue with the scaling at idle

Contact me for cheap prices on speedhut gauges, many, many, other things

http://tinyurl.com/SpeedHut-Group-Buy

If we've done business and you were satisfied, a simple "Like" on our facebook page would be all the "thanks" I'd need!

https://www.facebook.com/KRMotorsports

#6 duragg

duragg

Kilopost Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:04 AM

Not sure I know what MAF scaling is.

I thought I read somewhere that the dual throttle body motors might favor the #1 TB at idle and not both equally. At higher power they are equal. Could be a wives tale.

#7 ihiryu

ihiryu

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationKilleen, TX

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:29 AM

Whoa sorry I didn't see this.

What kinda of intake tubes are you running?  Injectors? MAF Sensors (Hopefully they are PMAS)? Is yours a DE or a HR?  

If you are NOT running stock intake tubes, then you need to work with your MAF Scalar tables.  So long as your K-Fuel Multiplier is right, then you should do some MAF table tuning.

The easiest way of checking is this is to let the car run and idle, make sure your fuel comp tables are set to 100, and after it warms up log your MAFs (B1 and B2 if you are a HR), AFR Target, AFRs (B1, B2), and your Correction (B1, B2).  

MAFs, and O2's should read pretty close to one another, and correction should be somewhere +/- 5. 

Check all this and report back

Edited by ihiryu, 11 October 2016 - 11:34 AM.

Contact me for cheap prices on speedhut gauges, many, many, other things

http://tinyurl.com/SpeedHut-Group-Buy

If we've done business and you were satisfied, a simple "Like" on our facebook page would be all the "thanks" I'd need!

https://www.facebook.com/KRMotorsports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users