#1 ccwade81

ccwade81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:20 PM

Hey guys,

I have my 240z stripped all the way down and working on fixing some body issues before rebuild. I have replaced the roof skin as I had an aftermarket sunroof and wanted a slicktop. I'm wondering if I need to replace the entire section of the rear bumper/valance that goes all the way up to the hatch or just cut and patch the damaged portion. I don't have any experience with body work so not sure what the best approach would be. There is a very small ripple in the floor of the hatch and the very end of the frame rail has a little wow in it. Also looks like the right taillight frame is slightly bent. See pics. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

1228161308b.jpg

1228161308a.jpg

1228161308.jpg

1228161310.jpg

I can't think of anything witty to say....  :icon56:

#2 Evlevo

Evlevo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationManitoba Canada

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:20 AM

Would you be apposed to hiring someone to do some frame work? (as a bodyman) id suggest getting a pull done first. Even if you do section out the damaged/kinked areas, pulling the damage first can help with new part alignment and possible hidden damage/indirect damage.

EDIT: I think most of it is repairable, with maybe a section of the frame rail being replaced.  

Edited by Evlevo, 29 December 2016 - 05:21 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 240z, dent, bumper, s30, body, bodywork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users