Jump to content

- - - - -

Replacing supply line shutoff

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 josh817



  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

So I can't seem to get any traction from people on this and I'm really not interested in calling a plumber for $150/hr to do something that I can do. I need to replace this valve with a ball valve or some type of key valve like at the water meter. I'm getting mixed up as to how I remove this valve and what type of joints I should use for the next. I'd like to avoid soldering, preferably.


Any help? Anything special to connect the PEX to one end? I don't want to tear it and not be ready to put the new one on, then have no water. Looks like they soldered a stub into the valve and then on one end has a fitting to screw into the PEX and the other solders right onto the copper.











1972 240Z -- 1971 521 Pickup -- 1968 BMW 2002

#2 malibud


    Always Here

  • Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNEAR: Black Mountain, North Carolina

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:05 AM

Shark bite fitting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users