HybridZ

S&S Headers installation pictures

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Go to:

http://www.gatewayzclub.com/members/dewzenol/

and click on the last link.

I spent all night test fitting the engine and headers. The ZF6 trans I have is HEAVY. I had a helluva time trying to use the engine tilter without the firewall getting in the way because it was so tail heavy. UGH. I am freakin TIRED. I really scuffed these things up trying to get them in. Crap.

Anyway, as you can see the S&S headers do indeed fit. Each side drops down to a different height (???). Weird. I think this is mainly because they designed in some extra room to clear the starter motor on the passenger side. They both hang pretty low. I am too tired to measure. Oh, hell, hang on...

ok, just went out and measured. Driver side flange drops down to 7" from garage floor, passenger side drops down to 5.75". Keep in mind there is still no interior in the car except a dash and a steering column, no battery or accessories up front, no fluids or radiator, no hood or fenders or bumper, etc. so these measurements will still go down some.

Guest Anonymous

When I originally did the test fit i didn't have the transmission on so I had the motor at the wrong angle. HOWEVER.. now that I've done it WITH the trans, I can see what angle it should be at and it gives just enough room for the EGR.

Guest Anonymous

So you were able to install the headers and motor togther or did you have to go back and do motor first. One of the other members said that he had to put the motor and tranny in first then lift motor up with hoist to fit em in. shifty.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Someone recently asked about clearance when installing the headers. I was NOT able to drop the engine in with them bolted on. I had to unbolt them and then maneuver them in and bolt them back on while the engine was half way in. There was too much stuff in the way otherwise.