HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

help 2+2 owners....i cannot find the key code on the pass door lock and it is not in the glove box. ideas?

also what is the difference between a rear spoiler meant for the coupe vs. a 2+2?

and just FYI--new wheels and tires coming in! sportmax 16x8 silver 002s and 245-45-16 tires

help 2+2 owners....i cannot find the key code on the pass door lock and it is not in the glove box. ideas?

also what is the difference between a rear spoiler meant for the coupe vs. a 2+2?

and just FYI--new wheels and tires coming in! sportmax 16x8 silver 002s and 245-45-16 tires

Remove one of your lock's and take it to a locksmith. The rear hatch comes out easiest.

2+2's are different in the back compaired to a coupe. They are a little bit wider. A coupe 3 piece will not fit a 2+2. I have both.

excellent so new plan. where is a good place to get blanks?

my original plan was to buy a parts car that i found but i got no response from the owner. it appears the house is a vegitable with no one living there....just someone to stop by now and then. that would explain why the interior is cooked and the floor pans are lying on the driveway below the car. you haven't seen rust until you have seen this

excellent so new plan. where is a good place to get blanks?

The Locksmith will have generic blanks. Factory blanks show up on ebay as well. Depends on if you have your heart set on a factory key.

you haven't seen rust until you have seen this

A broad statement there. I have seen some in Okinawa that have become unrecognizable.

Hi Guy's

Well she's been on the rollers last week at Emerald http://www.emeraldm3d.com/, got a slight problem with 'boost control' and my understanding of the control, I thought it was a software function but seeing as my t3/t4 has AND never has had any form of wastegate, this means the ECU has no valve to control therefor allowing boost to run riot:eek::eek::eek:.

After doing a remap to allow me to use it and run her in a bit more we did a couple of very wary 'power':nono: runs to get a feel for what may be the optimum boost, sat a 3000rpm she was laying down 280bhp to the road with 300 ft/lb of torque, both traces still going near vertical, boost was 20psi.

Bought an external gate last night off the old eGay, so get the MIG and some pipe out next and fab that lot up, also got an ECU controlable valve to wire in so the ECU can actuate it.

The wonders of modern science.

Cheers

Nigel

IMG_1347(1)_thumb.JPG

Nigel,

Emerald's the co. thats owned by Dave Walker isnt it? I used to really enjoy reading his articals in Cars and car Conversions. I was the only mag that I would read for many years. I think they went bust in the end. Cant get the mag anymore. Anyway, He must have some interesting stories. Good luck with the tuning. Going to be fast!

Douglas

Nigel,

Emerald's the co. thats owned by Dave Walker isnt it? I used to really enjoy reading his articals in Cars and car Conversions. I was the only mag that I would read for many years. I think they went bust in the end. Cant get the mag anymore. Anyway, He must have some interesting stories. Good luck with the tuning. Going to be fast!

Douglas

Hi Douglas

Yes he is that man, he's also written the Haynes book on managment systems http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1859608353/blueiceelectroni

I'm going back in April and well I just hope I can get the traction on the startline to match the power:biggrin::D:biggrin: first event should be May 18th at Loton www.hdlcc.com

Cheers

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

Challenger - maybe if you bend the little metal clips a bit it might be easier to snap into place. I'm working from memory, so i hope i'm not talking outta my @$$

I remember that panel being a little puffy...so it might take a little push to get thru the cushion so that the clips can lock into place.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Just press hard. But it still wouldnt snap in. The clips are plastic so they wount bend and hold the shape like a metal clip.

I concluded that the vinyl and metal wasnt thick enough for the clicks to hold on to so Ill have to build up the edge in the metal opening. Ill get back with results.

a friend of mine got a '71 240z parts car so from that i got all new locks and keys for my ride.

i also ran a new ignition wire. the stock one was cutting out now and then. now the car starts up everytime with less effort than any modern car i have ever driven. dynamat is going into the door panels to quiet the doors down a bit and i just purchased a new antenna that is white and slanted back. next step is getting some dealer plates so i can drive the car to a welder to have the frame fixed in the front and this baby will be road worthy!

i actually did something today.

since my car has no front bumper, i took off the thing that goes at the bottom of the grille where i think part of the bumper bolted to.

next week? i start doing the timing chain.

also, MY TOYOTA BRAKES GOT HERE!! W00T!!

too bad i dont have big enough wheels for them yet.

and the car still has rotted floors and frames.