HybridZ

which clutch master? wilwood, tilton?

I am trying to get my clutch going on my ls1 260Z. First of all, where can I get the quick disconnect fitting that pops into the hydraulic throwout bearing? Or should I just cut off the disconnect and weld on a AN fitting?

Which clutch master cylinder are people using with the factory ls1 t56 hydraulic throwout bearing? I have searched the forums and found that people are using the tilton 3/4 with T5s and TKOs but nobody with the t56 has posted, that I can find. If 3/4 inch bore is the right size, how big of a throw do I need? I see the tilton has a throw of 1.1 inches for $90.00 on summit racing and the wilwood has a throw of 1.4 for $50.00 on summit also. I am kinda lost and don't want to make the wrong choice and blow my money. Any input is appreciated!

i used the tilton master, cut the line at the slave and a tig'd -3 'an' fitting. Clutch slave to master line specs- at master [3/8 1.0 pitch with angle tip-bulkhead fitting fits into master]. Line is 32†long and attaches to weld on male ‘-3’ at slave. So 32†long, female -3 straight fitting at slave end and 90 deg female -3 fitting at master end.

im in the same process of installing the t56 on the lt1 t56 280z. im hearing alot of guys running the tilton 7/8 master cylinder with the t56. but i still am not able to find me a clutch line to work. either the mcleod fitting or some type of mod to the stock line with a new end welded on like mentioned above. heck, i cant even get a stock clutch line from anywhere.

That240Guy,

If you decide to go with the Wilwood 3/4" master I've got one I'll sell you. It has the 1.4" throw but the fitting is for a double flare connection. I just pulled it from my 240 and replaced it with a Tilton 15/16". The Wilwood is in great condition just wasn't big enough for the stock Camaro slave I'm using.

I'll let you have it for $25.00 plus shipping.

edit: Come to think of it I'm pretty sure I've still got the -3 AN fitting that was include in the Tilton kit, I'll include that with the Wilwood if I do, it should fit.

Wheelman

Guys,

I am in the process of buying the clutch master for my LS1 swap also. Quik240Z told me he used the clutch master from http://www.sdpc2000.com PN# 15033924. I got the part and the hydraulic line looks long enough but the push rod on this thing is too long. I wonder anyone used this clutch master cylinder. If you do then what did you have to do to the push rod to get it to fit in the Datsun clutch pedal? I was successfully swap out the Datsun push rod into the Camaro clutch master cylinder. However this new clutch master cylinder's push rod is a lot smaller so I am not sure the Datsun rod will fit. Here is a picture of the new clutch master I am talking about. Thanks for any help. Thanks

Vinh

2079260_241_full.jpg

Here is the pix of the camaro clutch master that I swapped the Datsun rod in. But the problem is the hydraulic line is too short.

2079260_240_full.jpg

These parts fit my LS1/T56 installation and work well. The slave is for reference or spare, the trans should come with one in it.

Category Manufacturer Part Number Price Comments

Master Cylinder - 13/16"Wilwood WIL-260-5920 $66.93Purchased from Summit

GM Quick Connect clutch hose McLeod139212 $80.98Purchased from McLeod

Fitting - AN4 to 3/8x24 McLeod139003 $32.99Purchased from McLeod

Clutch Slave Cylinder Bendix13207 $73.91Delco P/N 18F183 / GM 18037524

I took the Datsun clutch pedal clevis, drilled out the metric nut that fit the original master cylinder and welded the Wilwood nut to the end. That left me with the original Datsun end to pin to the clutch pedal and the correct threads for the new master cylinder.

• 9 months later...
These parts fit my LS1/T56 installation and work well. The slave is for reference or spare, the trans should come with one in it.

Category Manufacturer Part Number Price Comments

Master Cylinder - 13/16"Wilwood WIL-260-5920 $66.93Purchased from Summit

GM Quick Connect clutch hose McLeod139212 $80.98Purchased from McLeod

Fitting - AN4 to 3/8x24 McLeod139003 $32.99Purchased from McLeod

Clutch Slave Cylinder Bendix13207 $73.91Delco P/N 18F183 / GM 18037524

when you used these parts, which pedal assembly did you use? did you stick with the datsun assembly? if you used something else what did you have to modify to make it work?