HybridZ

R 180 4.11 by Bob Sharp's shop

Guest snag point

Guest snag point

Hi, I got this R180 from a 1972 parts Z. The seller swore he had put a Bob Sharp 411 (it does have that ratio). Where can I find more info about Bob,s after market shop and its history? Snag point

Guest snag point

Thank you for the info. I agree with your statement. It works great in my Z,

with a 1981 ZX 5 speed. I have my Z all torn down and going after rust, new floor pans and whatever. This is the 2nd Z I have had. The 1st was back in 1974, It was a 1973 with 5000 miles and front and rear damage. So I pulled the frame, clipped the back just at the back of the door and rebuilt it. I didn,t

really know what I was getting into, but I learned alot and had alot of fun doing it. It is so neat to have another Z, I have a 1981 280 motor that I will

bore 20 to 30 over and rebuild this winter. I don't really plan to have anything fancy just a Z that will be my mid life crisis escape toy. As before I have taken a large bite of work, but I have alot to learn, sites like these make it so much better than back when I thought I was a hot stuff college kid with a cool car. Snag point

Hey Snag Point,

Welcome to the site, there are at least 3 other members that live in the Tri-Cities, don't know of any in Walla Walla. It's almost getting to the point where we could have our own local get together and attract enough people to maybe do some racing.

My Z is down for rebuild right now but it's a 73 240 with an LT1, T5, LSD R200 and many other upgrades. I slid it into a curb at a local auto-x event about 2 weeks ago. The accident busted the right rear strut tube assembly and pushed the right front around enough to where I need to replace the frame rails in the engine bay.

Anyway, good luck with your project, keep us informed of how it progresses and when it's done come and race it with the Sand and Sage Sports Car Club (ssscc.org) in the Tri-Cities.

Wheelman

Guest snag point

Wheelman, Thank you for the welcome. I am trying to get it together and paint it before cold weather sets in. But hunting season is going to put a dent in my Z work. Snag point

Wheelman, Thank you for the welcome. I am trying to get it together and paint it before cold weather sets in. But hunting season is going to put a dent in my Z work. Snag point

You must be joking.. you are from Walla Walla Washington, AND you are a hunter?

you all KNOW that this BEGS the question.. What are you hunting for??

It wouldnt be......

bugs-bunny-debut-1.jpg

WABBITS, perchance??!!

Being from the same area I'm 100% sure it's not wabbits, it's either Elk or Deer.

Snag Point,

Where do you hunt? and what for?

I used to hunt over by Dayton, up on the wheat fields for deer, but it got to be like Grand Central Station out there and after being scoped on a few times I stopped going.

The last deer I got was a huge White Tail, weighed in at 139lbs hanging on the butcher shop scale fully dressed, no hide, guts, head or fore limbs. That was back in 1999. Antlers were 3x4 and the GMU required 3 point or better. I had a heck of a time dragging that guy back to the rig but he sure did taste good. :)

Wheelman

Being from the same area I'm 100% sure it's not wabbits, it's either Elk or Deer.

that WAS supposed to be a joke :wc:

but I doubt you were actually taking me seriously. Obviously I am not much of a hunter myself; I am more on Bambi's side but I AM an avid fisherman, and I AM "sportsman-friendly" even though I am a long-haired, tree hugging hippy freak.

Especially them damn deer. My dad's 72 240Z, the car that IS my first memories, (I remember riding around sunday mornings before my third birthday :-D) was totaled by a ten point buck doing a leap out of the forest on one side of Hwy 115 in rural North Carolina, off his hood, then back into the woods on the other side. He bought the car back from the Insurance company just for the head; a slightly decked, oversized valve E31 that had cost him about $800 to prep in 1985.... re-purchase price of the car was way less than that, and that head is currently in his 1978 280 with an AZC 4bbl manifold on it.. I *think* the hatch from that car is up in my uncle's shop, waiting to go on MY car.

ye gods, i am an off-topic whore tonight.. Sorry.

Yeah, I have a similar experience with deer, highway speeds and automobiles.

The year following bagging the huge white tail I was returning home from hunting (unsuccessfully BTW) and used my Ford Ranger to generate a little road kill. Doing about 65, rounded a corner and saw a small herd crossing the road. The herd had split, part going left the remainder appeared to be staying put so I slowed to about 25, moved to the center of the road and continued on, just as I was passing them one on the right panicked and decided to cross jumping right in front of me. I had no time to react and hit her in the mid-section, drug her for about 50ft and then she fell under the tires.

It still bothers me when think about it. I'll hunt and only take a shot if I can get a clean kill but hitting one on the road is such a waste and they suffer much more while the die.

OK, no more thread jacking..

Wheelman