HybridZ

Any Feedback On THis Radiator?

jc052685

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Datsun-240z-260z-2Row-Aluminum-Radiator-1970-75-_W0QQitemZ150349734597QQcmdZViewItem

100% Money Back Guarantee.

We will exchange or refund 100% of your money (Including All Shipping Costs) If:

· Your radiator does not fit

· Your radiator does not cool your engine

· Your radiator leaks

· Contains manufacture’s defects

· Or for some reason you just do not like it

You can purchase from us without worry because our guarantee gives you unconditional protection.

Yeah, I know its ebay and crazy cheap! But with a warranty claim like that it is tough to pass up!

It should be fine. I've run cheap aluminum rads in my custom Land Rover with great success. That said, I lost the first one due to galvanic corrosion. You MUST isolate an aluminum rad from the steel support using grommets and plastic washers. If this isn't done the rad will slowly rot away. This is the same whether you spend $160 or $600. My only question is why you want to go away from the OEM brass unit? I've never had a an overheating problem with my 240Z except for a thermostat and/or a wornout fan clutch.

Because I am running e-fans and have a rediculous intercooler infront of the radiator and it is currently 97* here in houston!!!

I am wanting to re-route my intercooler pipe under the oil pan so I can run th estock mechanical fan though. I might try that first. I want this car worthy of road race with out having to worry about it getting hot.

I've been using this radiator in 97degree heat here in Baton Rouge La. with a black magic fan on my turbo engine without any problems. I can sit in traffic, drive hard and never get above 180 degrees.

Same, almost 100 as you know here in Texas and with a 185 thermostat and a 16" fan set to come on at like 195 or so, it runs fine. Offset the fan to the left or right side because the water pump pulley invades the center area and the fan motor won't fit. I'm using a stock '83 turbo radiator with a bottle of water wetter which I can't really say works but can't really say doesn't work, oh well.

Oh and I use only a little antifreeze with distilled water to try and avoid all that muck and impurities which separate out after a while. Probably doesn't work but its a peace of mind. :]

Read through the feedback on the EBAY page - they are usually are a pretty good indication of the quality and give you an expectation of the customer service you will recieve, and also can be good for a laugh as well :-)!

There is a seller in Australia who sells a lot of Alluminium Radiators on EBAY AUST and the general impression I got from reading through their feedback was the radiators were pretty ordinary, customer service was appalling and chances of returning items, even though a warranty is given, was not the easiest thing to do because all items came straight from China!

I got one :wink:

Had it sent all the way to Denmark. Well the radiator is ok - it will never get an A+ for welding quality, nor A+ for the bend of the connection tube, but hey what can you expect for that price.

Fitment is ok as well, by the way.

i also got a radiator from Arizona Z - completly other quality ...way better - but both radiators do their job !

/S