HybridZ

Plum crazy purple z

circinus

Ive been kicking colors around for my car. I really like the retro dodge colors and after seeing big phils done in the lime-green I was wondering if anyone has seen a z in the plum crazy purple. I dont have photoshop or any good pics of my car right now to have someone photoshop so sol there. Its kinda tore apart waiting for the weather to break so we can get some color on her. Really like the color but liking a color and it looking good on my car are 2 different things. I was going to paint it yellow like it use to be but I just got some nice chrome saleen rims for it and would like accent them off a little. Also I have to run flairs due to tire size so I'm thinking flat black flairs, tail-light area and maybe some stripes or accents somewhere with all my chrome trim on that purple might be the ticket. Just throwing it out there to see if there's anyone who has one or can photoshop a pic for me. I'm open to suggestions too. In the last 3mths I think I've changed my mind a dozen times. My brother-in-law has a paint store and I have a paint booth so anything is possible and thats my biggest problem. lol

WOW! That car looks like a Beast. I like the type 3 front. Thank you very much. My cars been copper, white, red, black, yellow. This will be its last paint job though. My wife isnt sold on plum crazy yet, she wants it to be a deep met. blue but I think after seeing that beast I'm about 90% sold thats my color. Now if the weather here in ohio would let up a little bit I can get it in the booth and get her sprayed. Wish I had better heat in my shop. It gets warm enough to work comfortably but not enough for me to gamble a paint job on. And I think it will compliment my white engine bay very nicely.

I did a quick photoshop for ya. I left the trim chrome because I tried to color it and it looked crappy. It's not spot on with the plum crazy color, but it's kinda close. Definitely purple though.

Plumcrazy-1.jpg

I used a pic of Big-Phil's car to do this because all of my pics are crap and his was the best on my hard drive.

EDIT: Woooo, my 100th post!

Heck yeah! that looks sweet! I'm sold. Now my problem is I was going to put on a ms3 front on it, but the 240 chrome bumper adds the right amount of chrome to the front. And I also think it would be cool to get my rims that black chrome finish. I've seen it around on a few cars and I bought my rims for a song and dance on craigslist so it might be an option. Thanks for doing that. Thats cool as all get out in my books. I cant wait to show my wife. Purples her favorite color but she was convinced it would be dog ugly on my car.

I set that as my background I like it so much. I think I'm going to print off some pictures of that and play around drawing some stripes or accents on it and see what I can come up with. Man, that's got me motivated. Gonna be jonesin to work on my car now. What do you guys think would look good for some kind of flat black accent stipe or whatever. I think I little something maybe a cool single down the hood or maybe even and old mopar style since I'm using one of their colors like on the old challengers from the 70's. I can only make my car so cool. I think having other people's input is going to make that much cooler.

I really thought my wife was going to like it. I guess just because I love something doesnt mean she will like it too. I build guitars for a living and just recently finished one in original 50's daphine blue and thats what she though would look good on it. I know its my car but its that much cooler when your wife is into it too. And I was that close to going over to my brother in laws store and start messing around getting the color down. Guess I'm going to have to work on her a little.