Single Status Update
I'm a first time Z owner and getting this '73 240 soon. It still needs a few things to complete the restoration, so I could use some help finding: body scripts, hood emblem, rubber/plastic bumper trim pieces and bumper guard inserts.
I'm going to upgrade the sound starting from scratch so I'm looking to get smarter about that, too. Fidelity at a level suitable for Deep Purple at 80 mph. would work.
Looking forward to being on the forum.
· Download a Factory Service Manual (FSM). http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/48825-factory-manuals-some/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-1208329
· Download electrical schematics for your car. PDFs are easier to read than those found in books. Some are in color.
· Buy the book How to Restore Your Datsun Z Car by Wick Humble. It will save you hours of searching for "how to" info.
· Focus on searching Hybridz as 99% of questions have already been addressed.
· Start bookmarking Z car parts suppliers - there are many!
· For SU carbs, parts and instructions go to Ztherapy. Buy the "Just SUs" video.
· Remember these are 40 year old cars and will need restoration to be safe and drivable.
· Join ClassicZCars.com website and search there as well.
· Become well informed about modifications before asking questions. People will be more inclined to answer informed questions.
· Search the forums.
· Read all of the new member guidelines and FAQs
https://www.datsun-240z-upgrades.net/ Recommend the headlight relay harness