HybridZ

280Z Door Lock Question

I Have a '76 280Z I have been working on but I don't have door locks and need to purchase these before I can drive the car, can some one tell me if these locks in this ebay auction will fit my car or point me in the direction of some locks that will. Also there are several ebay sellers from thailand selling aftermarket lock sets has anyone had experience with these locks?

Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150591556602&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thailand locks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160558948126&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

After just having my '78 280Z doors apart, the first link looks just like my locks. The second set might work if you still have your oem locks as you should need the double bend part that connects the lock itself to the mechanism inside the door.

I just had my '77 locks out too. Like Trbulnt said the first one is what mine looked like. Most places I have seen show the Thailand version but I saw no way they would work. One thing to note: As you see in that first pict there is a rubber sleeve over the end of one of the lock arms. Mine fell apart for dry rot when I took the locks out. I ended up wrapping a few turns of aluminum duct tape around it. If you don't the travel won't be enough to engage the mechanism, that part slides into a slot. You might try some sort of rubber tubing if you can find some that would not be too big. Also grease the hell out of everything before you put it all back together.