HybridZ

l28et swap making weird noise/will not start!

I jsut finished wiring the whole thing up and tried to start it and this is what I get!! its a loud clanking noise seems to be somewhere between the tranny and clutch. I am confused and was wondering if anyone had this kind of problem?? the motor is from an 82 turbo zx and i have the fidanza flywheel w/ ACT clutch on it. Any insight or advice would greatly be appreciated!

Here is the video

th_Capture_20110521.jpg

Edited by xShodaimex

I think that's the plate in between the engine/tranny or something. Also double check the started is lined up. Might want to take it off and check the teeth on the flywheel. I'm assuming the timing was not changed at all when you swapped the motor.

nope, the timing couldnt have changed, i touch any part of the distributor or remove the head and stuff. ILl take the starter out to check the teeth and stuff. I was really pumped to have the thing done, but yet another problem arises. Another obstacle to overcome now!

Good, just got the Gnose on it, And now I'm in the process of making a better channel for the "mouth" to the radiator, and also a front pan to keep air from getting up and causing turbulence.

edit: I'm a bit more pumped about my 260z though since I just put the carbs back on from being "rebuilt" by Top End performance (at the cost of an arm and a leg)

Edited by BluDestiny