HybridZ

modern motorsprts s30 rear disks

Hey guys, my z has the modern motorsports rear disc brake conversion. How have those of you who also have ot, or a similar disc brake setup gotten your ebrake to work. It looks like ith they were mounted 180 degrees off the stock cable would work, but obviously not. Does anybody have any info or a wroteup on how they got theirs to work?

This is covered in brake section and also the FAQ brakes sticky. E brake hook up is discussed in several threads.

See picture for how I did mine. Note that the 240SX E brake bracket has been modified by replacing the 240SX cable socket with one from a 240Z. That way the E cable fits/locks in place like stock.

post-178-071697700 1306104011_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

I believe for that swap you have to put the L caliper on the R side and vice versa. Also you have to do the same with the ebrake cables. The cables won't reach all the way there will be a few inches left so just make some small metal "spacers" basically a flat bar with holes on each end or you could just use some Metal plumbers tape the stuff with the holes in it bend it a few times and bolt it on.