HybridZ

350z to 300zxtt flywheel/clutch question

Mack

So, I am researching clutches for my 1995 300zx twin turbo and I have been talking with southbend. they tell me for $525, I can get a clutch that holds 600lbs/ft of tq with thier TZ series clutch, but if I want to send my flywheel to them to re drill to a 350z pressure plate bolt pattern for $95 and a week turnaround time or $375 for their lightweight z32 flywheel with the 350z pattern, I can upgrade to a tzx pressure plate for $25 more dollars that will hold 720lbs/ft of tq with the same streetability.

Now, I dont want to buy 2 clutches and eventually I will be installing bigger badder turbos in the near future. and A freind of mine wwill swap this clutch for me if I can get it by next wed, so sending my fw in is out of the question, as is $375 for their flywheel for budget reasons.

will a stock 350z flywheel bolt onto a vg30dett and will the starter still engage and everything work as it should?

EDIT: I ask this because I have a stock 350z dual mass flywheel lying around that I can use. I do not however, have my car torn apart to go check this out myself.

Edited by Mack

From what I hear dual mass flywheels are a PITA and if you could fit one to a VG30DETT would require a complete engine rebalance. There are reasonably priced off the shelf flywheels around eg mine is a one piece chromolly one, that work well.