HybridZ

Another attempt at building my z

Alright, so I started a thread a long time ago on a 260 I was turning in to a stock car

the problem is/was my wife at the time now ex decided it would make me mad to get rid of

it so she sent it to the scrap yard, so now I don't have it.I did however pickup a '73

240 automatic recently and am going to build it. The plan so far is no bumpers,

a gm metallic green paint with a 20 percent gloss carbon fiber hood, cowl, hatch, zg flair's,

4 wheel disk brakes, 350 z seats, fiberglass fenders,carbon rear taillight panel,

and a new interior. The interior was tan that some one painted black so I will replace

it all with real black panels. The car also has a set of weber 32 36 carb's which I hate

I just cant seem to find any cheap I:E under five hundred dollar options to replace them

I wish I could find someone to trade me something, but we will see.Maybe come August/September

a new motor not going to be real picky on that one hopefully some one on the here will have a

build or something they no longer need. Definitely going to stay L series and maybe a conversion to

a five speed tranny. Suspension I will probably follow the stage three'ish suspension outline

in the sticky. I think this should all provide for a nice fun street-able car that can do the

strip every couple weekends. Oh and maybe 16 inch or 17 inch wheels I have some more searching

on the forum to see which works best. Some times the search button doesn't work for me real well LOL.

I will have pics soon, and any criticism from all you guys here or advice is always welcome.

• 2 months later...

So I removed the spare tire well to put in the Camaro tank. I started removing the interior to get ready for a 1 jz swap now I found I need new floor boards and I know four grand is pinching my 1j swap so I am now pissed frustrated and don't know what to do. Right now I only have three thousand to work with so not sure where to go or what to do. I do not have a welder or torch or any of my fab tools any more so what I used to be able to do I cant now and that is adding a lot of cost. I definitely need it running I was hoping to put in a newer EFI motor but. How to best spend three grand....hell is it even worth it anymore?