HybridZ

1st timer 72 240Z Project

I bought this car last November from my father-in-laws best friend from High School. He was not the original owner but i think the 3rd owner. I got tons of service records and even the original Bill of Sale from the Datsun Dealer in Salem, Oregon. Sold for $4420 new. Built 3/72 HLS30 74950

I did the interior first and POR15'd the floor which was in great shape. The Interior was Butterscotch and in poor condition so i decided to change it to black.

Engine Mods (New Motor):
280Z F54 Block with Flattop Pistons
E88 Head with new Valve guides/ground seats/seals
Stage 2 cam
280ZX Distributor
Z-Therapy complete rebuild on the carbs and a shaved balance tube
ITG air filters
Pertronix Coil
MSA 60A internal regulator Alternator
MSA 6-1 Ceramic coated header
Custom 2 1/4 exhaust

Transmission:
NOS - 5spd (never in car) smile.gif

Chassis Mods:
TTT complete all 4 corners
Arizona Z-Car Complete Coilover kit (250lb Springs)(Custom non-adjustable spherical ball upper mounts)
Wilwood Arizona Z-Car 4-piston Front Brakes
AZC billet mustache bar and billet brace kit
Silverline Motors - Rear disc conversion (very nice kit and awesome e-brake)
ST ft & rr swaybars (1" ft - 3/4" rr)
Rota RB - 16x8 -4
Dunlop Direzza Star Spec - 225/50

ac8720d9.jpg
d82b7e60.jpg
dcc08224.jpg
db42978b.jpg
a4f2e65d.jpg
90114b14.jpg
ae9ecb04.jpg
13ed7d92.jpg
531cc2e7.jpg

Edited by fastfloyd

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This car is awesome! So clean! the only issue I have with it is the rims look way too big... but that's just me, I'm into small rims. Anyways I really like your car! I plan to paint my '73 green hah. how did the por15 stuff work? and how is that roll bar? I'm looking into getting one...

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up yanking the MSA roll bar. Sparco R100 seats fit great but the roll bar would not allow seats to go back far enough or to recline.

9d35f718.jpg

Interesting that you did that. I had been planning on getting a jegs roll bar for a while but decided against it for the time being (decided I had other priorities, like getting the car rolling). The interior looks great!

The MSA roll bar fit fine and the quality is good but with these seats, i could not go back far enough and i am only 6 ft. I also could not recline the seats properly. In the end, i simply mounted the belts to the stock location on the body up above the quarter window.

Gonna sell the roll bar now.

• 2 months later...

The MSA roll bar fit fine and the quality is good but with these seats, i could not go back far enough and i am only 6 ft. I also could not recline the seats properly. In the end, i simply mounted the belts to the stock location on the body up above the quarter window.

Gonna sell the roll bar now.

Woah I took forever to reply to this. Any updates? Did you happen to take any pics of the bar installed? And was it very heavy? Haha I shouldn't have any problems with that, I am about 5' 11" but I have short arms and legs so I like my seat really close to the wheel. Those seats look great! I was thinking about getting the R100's, but decided that I really want a true bucket for the driver's side, so I will probably get a kragen seat for passenger (girlfriend doesn't want to sit in a bucket haha), and the sparco speed 2 for the driver's side. Should be cool.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Going to wrap in Gulf Racing Blue.  Orange wheel centers and Orange side stripes.

Doing a wrap is almost as much work as a paint job, but i do a few HPDE days a year at PIR and a wrap seemed more sensible.  

post-14396-0-41895500-1402266475_thumb.jpg

Carbon BAMF Flares from jdmflares.com

post-14396-0-80339600-1402266498_thumb.jpg

17x9.5 in front, 17x11 rear

post-14396-0-53206500-1402267107_thumb.jpg

post-14396-0-21899700-1402266727_thumb.jpg

NOS fender mirrors will complete the look.

post-14396-0-95886500-1402266879_thumb.jpg

You really have to take the car apart if you want to do it right.

post-14396-0-45455600-1402266931_thumb.jpg

Edited by fastfloyd