HybridZ

engine hoses

Hi

i'm sure this question has been asked before, i tried finding it on the forums but did not have much luck, so if you can direct me to the right place or give me personnal imput that would be awesome. I'm looking at changing all the radiator hoses on my stock L24 engine. I would like to swap them to silicone hoses, does anyone know of a site that offers the hoses in the sizes needed to do this? or does anyone know the actual size of these hoses? maybe the info is available somewhere with all the engine hose sizes?

Thanks,

I just HAVE to post this photo from last weekend.

I know guys who have been pulling their hair out for original braided hoses for 240Z's being told they are 'NLA' and this little bin just KILLED me when I saw it!

post-380-006362600 1308992465_thumb.jpg

I don't know of a source for the rad hoses which are preformed properly. Anything is possible with beadrolled aluminum tubing and simple elbows, though!

• 3 weeks later...

Our rad hoses aren't the most complex out there. What I've done in the past is take the original hoses to your FLAPS (friendly local auto parts store) and try to find a match, focussing on the curves only. If you find one that works but is too long, just cut it to size.

Of course this doesn't help you in your search for silicone replacements, but it may point you towards a more common application, which will hopefully have a silicone option. Wishful thinking, I know. But that's what I'd do.