HybridZ

L28ET Powered!

Hey fellas,

I figure I should make progress thread to keep track of what I'm doing.

Here are a couple of photos to get started, just mounted my Holset to my manifold along with my external wastegate. I went ahead and welded the adapter to the manifold, I don't plan on running a different setup anyways, but if I do, I have another manifold. I rebuilt the HOlset (even though it probably didn't need it) and the motor has recently been rebuilt, as well. I'm using a -4 AN oil feed line with an .059 oil restrictor and the stock Nissan oil drain tube.

Ztay tuned!

IMG_20110621_204749.jpg

IMG_20110621_204853.jpg.

IMG_20110625_121213.jpg

Update:

Tonight I plan on pulling the head and installing my ARP head studs. I'm also going to inspect the cylinders for anything out of the ordinary. Additionally, while I have the head off, I'm going to port match it with my Lonewolf intake manifold to get the best flow possible for my Holset. My goal is 400hp once I get an Isky cam, but I'm shooting for 350hp with my stock cam on the stock bottom end for now.

Photos to follow, ztay tuned!

I have been running Megasquirt 1, but I just picked up a MS2 daughter board and will be running that from now on.

I bet the porting could make 400, but I'll save that for a later date. I'm on a tight budget! :(

I'm not sure if it will help or not, but the stock intake runners are of smaller diameter than the head ports, and once I measured the runners on the Lonewolf intake, I realized that they do actually match the inside diameter of the ports in the head, so maybe with the bigger intake manifold and my minor porting on my exhaust manifold, I can get right under 400. We'll see though, it'll be fun regardless.

Photos to follow tonight!!