HybridZ

Header/Exhaust Clearance and 4L60E Coolant Lines

I am in the final stages of my install and am looking for guidance on exhaust/header clearance with the 4L60E coolant hardlines. I am using the stock lines and cut them right before they make the turn in front of the engine. Below is a picture of the clearance between the header and the lines. The lines site about 3.5 inches below the header in the picture. I can wrap the lines with a fire sleeve, etc. because I really like the placement where I've cut them. I will relocate them if necessary however. How does the exhaust connect to the header at this point? Should I go ahead and cut them further back?

Gratuitous engine pix included.

Thanks!

post-1734-063057800 1309471104_thumb.jpg

post-1734-099159400 1309471116_thumb.jpg

post-1734-055995400 1309471125_thumb.jpg

Fast is relative and those are old pictures too!. :lol: Serpentine belt it on, all engine connections wired up, fuel line system replumbed from my old turbo setup, fuel rail swapped over to passenger side, LS6 intake installed, etc. I just need to wire up power to the PCM for startup before I route for final placement as well as finish routing the coolant lines for the transmission.

It took me damn near 4 hours to get the engine and transmission into the car from the moment I hooked it up to the hoist to the time I could disconnect the hoist. Dear god that was a PITA and I had a 360 degree swivel hoist with a load leveler too! Raise, lower, tilt, push back, push to the side, push back to the other side, pull forward, lower, raise, cuss, lower, tilt, push back, curse the LS1 gods, etc.

Edited by ktm