HybridZ

RB20det & rb25det replacement header

rayaapp2

http://www.4caroption.com/index.php

TM-NS13-RB.jpg

Its also available through Upscaleautomotive

Though I have checked and Upscale says they do not have in stock and the header is on backorder for the moment with an estimate of 4 weeks.

I doubt the metal is thicker than 2.5mm tubing. I also doubt that either flange is straight either. I would expect it to have similar issues to the many others out there. I bet they are made in china ta-boot.

Its an interesting option out there that someone with fab skills could probably remedy and have a nice stock manifold replacement. Ill definitely post back here if I get my hands on one.

Question is, has anyone here ever bothered tossing $150 at one? Im sure most opt for the top mount setups or just stick with the stock cast manifold, Although I have seen some interesting after market cast manifolds like the HKS one on the skyline forums.

Anyway, The real reason why I posted this was that the price wasnt inflated out of control like most things that say "RB", "R32", "R33", R34", or "Skyline". Hopefully this helps someone and like I said Ill post back if I do end up with one.

Supposedly there's two of this type of manifold. There's an HPI Knock off which is supposed to be marginally better than stock and then there's one that looks like it but it has no benefits. I believe that one is not the HPI style one which has longer runners and is better designed.

This type of manifold carries really no benefits over stock except some headaches and the shinny factor which would probably only last a few days anyway.

I spoke directly to the owner of Upscale. They all come from China if they look exactly like his. They are ordered in mass and rebadged and sold.

Like I said if you have fab skills this may be a good start on a working manifold.

That looks a lot like the OBX manifold i got. It bolted up fine, the one thing that i noticed was that it was a little tight on one of the studs. A quick hit with a Dremel solved that problem. I only paid 160 dollars for it shipped. I had to replace my stock manifold, because it had a crack almost all the way around it.

Ebay Link

Edited by motoman

I checked you build thread. Looks like your on a good track for a solid build.

Mind posting up some more pictures of that manifold installed?

How was the fitment around the exhaust ports and turbo flange? Also the inside of the Turbo flange where all 6 collect together?

Thanks for the feedback

BTW BBB has nothing good to say about OBX. OBX is close enough for me to drive to, but they wont allow local pickup... Thats a company that solely survives off of http://www.made-in-china.com/ or http://www.alibaba.com/ and just re-badges everything.

Edited by rayaapp2

You beat me to it, i just went out and took some pictures. They all lined up, just like I said it was tight around a stud. It wasn't that big of a problem. I'm not really to worried about how long its going to last. I just put it on there to get it running for now. I will later on get a custom manifold. In side, where they collect was pretty smooth. Sorry i can't get a picture of that.

man1.jpg

man2.jpg

man3.jpg

Edited by motoman