HybridZ

JE pistons - Need contact info of someone knowledgable

inline6

Anyone know of someone at JE that is knowledgable about L series pistons? As with many things, it would be very helpful to talk to the right person who has actual knowledge, instead of doing the best that I can with whoever answers the phone.

My thinking is that, if this person exists, they will know what blank to start with and a lot of the parameters that I need not rethink (don't want to reinvent when what has been done before works). Would be great to start there instead of from scratch.

Alternatively, if you have a JE job number and can describe what you ordered in detail, that could be good info. A job number is a good place to start if you know all the info that was specified for the pistons.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave Rebello ordered my pistons for me. I ordered his 3.0 liter kit and the pistons were made specifically for me. They came with a build sheet and a # (also engraved on the pistons) in case I needed to get replacements. I remember I put it somewhere safe...now where was that? I'll look around for that tomorrow.

Anyone know of someone at JE that is knowledgable about L series pistons? As with many things, it would be very helpful to talk to the right person who has actual knowledge, instead of doing the best that I can with whoever answers the phone.

My thinking is that, if this person exists, they will know what blank to start with and a lot of the parameters that I need not rethink (don't want to reinvent when what has been done before works). Would be great to start there instead of from scratch.

Alternatively, if you have a JE job number and can describe what you ordered in detail, that could be good info. A job number is a good place to start if you know all the info that was specified for the pistons.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

What type of engine are you building? That might be helpful.

I bought JE forged slugs for my L28. I used 300zx tt pistons and had rods built to suit. I later found out that L14 rods could've been used instead, the only mod would be to make the small end 22mm's to suit the pins. Needless to say, I now have a set of those rods on the shelf, just waiting......

Dave Rebello ordered my pistons for me. I ordered his 3.0 liter kit and the pistons were made specifically for me. They came with a build sheet and a # (also engraved on the pistons) in case I needed to get replacements. I remember I put it somewhere safe...now where was that? I'll look around for that tomorrow.

This would be extremely helpful - as your pistons will certainly be close to what I need.

G