jacob80

Hey guys,

Well, here is my issue. Last fall, I performed the following:

1) Repacked rear wheel bearings

2) Installed 280z 27 spline stub axles & Modern Motorsport Z31 adapter flanges

3) Installed VLSD R200 and VLSD Z31 Turbo Axles

4) Installed on Tyler Differential Mount

5) Installed AZC Mustache bar and Uprights

What better way to test this out than a good ole' fashion track day? So I did just that, I attended the Midwest Z Fest.

Well, as I roared around the track all day, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Granted the car did vibrate just a touch, but I didn't notice it over the open down pipe all day.

As the day came to a close and I left the track, it wasn't until then I noticed something was wrong. As I closed my cutout valve, I really noticed a vibration that was not there before. Along with this, I noticed I had a nasty metallic clicking noise under heavy acceleration. I was able to get the car home, but I was very worried I significantly screwed something up.

Now, fast forward to this week. This is the first I've had the chance to take the rear end apart. I just dropped everything off the car tonight and am just beginning my diagnosis process.

I just need a little advice from you guys as far as key signs and symptoms I should be looking for. I'm trying to figure out where this vibration and clicking sound is coming from.

Here is a crappy little video I made, its not much, but you get the idea.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Hahaha! Did you shoot that video in the middle of the night? You can't really see anything.

However, you said you fliped the cv cages on the outside bearing...but you didn't do that on the inside bearings?

Is this correct? Because I was almost positive it had to be done to both ends.

Hahaha! Did you shoot that video in the middle of the night? You can't really see anything.

However, you said you fliped the cv cages on the outside bearing...but you didn't do that on the inside bearings?

Is this correct? Because I was almost positive it had to be done to both ends.

I do not believe so. There is a writeup floating around somewhere that goes through the process with photos and everything.

• 2 weeks later...