HybridZ

Factory ECU

First and foremost, ive done a lot of searching for the answer to this question, on this site, and others, but have come up with no answer. It may be simple to some of you, but please keep in mind im still a "newbie". I have a 75 280z. I have removed the factory engine/tranny to sell. Im building a small block 350, that will be carbureted. My question is, does the factory ECU go with factory engine/tranny? Im assuming it does for the EFI, but i want to make sure that it doesnt control other things in the car that i will need it for. Thank you.

Scotty

So i pulled the ECU off the kick panel and noticed there are other plugs that run to within the dash(didnt trace for very long), along with the efi harness that runs through the firewall. You think im safe yanking it, even though other components plug into it?

The EFI harness is seperate from the rest of the electrical harness and you should be fine running without it the only thing that wont work anymore is the fuel pump the wiring under the dash goes to the EFI relay and some other things, I have my EFI harness out and I'm running SU's and nothing has changed except I had to wire in a New pump for the Carbs. Different years might be different though a later 77-78 Z might have more incorporated but I would just go through the FSM to be sure.