HybridZ

Wiring harness service?

I have not been able to find a local shop that is willing to do the turbo engine swap from my '82 280ZXT parts car into my good '75 280Z. I'm sure that I can do all the mechanical work, but the wiring is going to challenge me. Between work and grad school I am not willing to take things apart for fear that I never get this project done. I asked McKinney about having them do the wiring work but they are too busy at this point to do the work.

Does anybody know of somebody that can mate my 280Z and 280ZXT harnesses so I can just do the install and fire the car up? I have no problem pulling the harnesses if I can have them turned around in a reasonable time.

Thanks,

Jim

There is actually a post on this someplace. Randy 77 ZT did a connector plug to mate the underdash relays to the ZX EFI harness for a plug-n-play setup which didn't alter anything. Very slick.

The 77 Engine harness will come out as a standalone unit. The interface is one coil wire for the tach/ECU input, and the 6 pin connector (or was it 8?) under the dash above the steering wheel for the combination EFI / Fuel Pump Relay. The ZX has them separate... the 280Z has a 'combi-relay'---easiest is to make the plug fit the ZX engine bay harness and go from there.

Plug-n-Play man, Plug-n-Play. I did it once, some years ago. Don't remember wire colors and pin positions, sorry. But I printed a post with the directions and it took maybe 1/2 hour to do all the wiring mods to the ZX harness to make it a drop in no alterations to the 280Z affair.

Made it smog-legal as well! :)

Happy Hunting, Good Luck!