HybridZ

WTB 75-76 280Z fuel tank

gvincent

I need to replace my fuel tank, the one I have has been boiled out but is still too rusty inside and will need to be split open, sandblasted, repaired sump pickup tube and then welded back together, this cost is more than I can afford.

Anybody have a good clean tank for the 75-76 280Z laying around?

Have PayPal can pay right away.

I have lots of parts also so let me know if you need anything and we can work out a cash/parts trade maybe

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

I have one at the radiator shop right now getting a punched hole welded. It is superclean,. When I found it, I looked inside...and saw clean zinc plated walls! There was a little surface rust on the bottom and some crystallized hydrocarbons on the top part but I have never seen one in this good of shape before.

When I get it back I have to rinse the inside with acetone, remove the rubberized undercoating from the bottom and repaint the whole thing.

Not sure if I am interested in a trade. What years of vehicles do you have items from and what types of items?

Thanks,

Daniel P.

Let me know what you want for the tank, I have a couple more tanks lined up as well.

as for some trade stuff I have a lot of parts from the 83 turbo swap, auto trans, differential, interioe stuff, door stuff, rear hatch, all kinds of electrical.

78 280Z rear bumper, stock hubcaps from a 76 and a bunch more, E88 head complete with can and fuel pump.

Greg

Thanks everybody for the replies, I was able to finally find a place that still boils out gas tanks and they were able to salvage it, line the inside and weld on some AN fittings, it is drying out now and I should have it installed and running this weekend.

Thanks again everyone.

Greg