HybridZ

Front wheel bearings

It's been a long while since I've been on here but need some thoughts. I've replaced front wheel bearings multiple times over the years. But I just replaced them again (1.5-2 years racing / track days whether they need it or not) and the right front is normal but the left front is very tight if setting per the manual (22 ft-lb - 60 degrees). I even bought a second set of new bearings from a different manufacturer and they are still tighter than I'm used to. I know the races are completely seated and made sure the seal is all the way in. Anything I could be missing and anyone know more detailed specs other than the Haynes manual 22 ft-lb minus 60 degrees? How 'tight' is acceptable? Again I've done this numerous times and have never had this so am a bit stumped.

Thanks

Cameron

Edited by heavy85

It's still being weird. If I backed off the nut enough so that it spins free there was a LOT of play, if there was no play it dragged pretty good. So I left it tight and took it around the block to bed the new rotors (live among the corn fields ...). When I got home there was a lot of play in the bearing so I tightened it back up and it seems to be normal now. Something was somehow hung up in there I guess. I disassembled and re greased and played with it a dozen times and it still did this. Hopefully everything is where it's suppose to be now and is ready to go. I guess the race next weekend will say for sure but I hate having crap like this in the back of your mind on track.

Cameron