HybridZ

South East Machine shop

VKLR

I've done a few searches and came up with very little.

I'm looking for "the" machine shop in the SE US for the L28. What I want are the guys who do these on a regular basis. I know people still race these engines locally. Not looking for a race engine but a top quality balanced stock re-build.

Or do the racers in the area go to the West coast?

Racers on both coasts prefer Sunbelt in Flowery Branch, GA. They are a race shop. But any trustworthy machine shop can do a stock rebuild. Check out http://bradysenginemachineservice.com/home.html They do really nice work and the last time I was there they had a couple of L28ET's they where working on. They built a 2jz for a guy I know that put down 1400hp to the wheels. Just call ahead because the get backed up sometimes. Brady's is located in Auburn GA.

I have stumbled across a superb machinist just north of Hiawassee Ga. in North Carolina. Milton used to work for Roush racing and now does circle track motors for all the locals (and beyond). He's doing my Toyo 22R motor right now, and his prices are ridiculously cheap, while his work is outstanding. You don't do crap work when your work for Jack Roush. I was floored when I saw the prices that he did for a fellow Hybrid Z'er for his stroker L28. Top notch in every aspect. CHEAP port work too - I believe it was under $250 for an L6 head. I can get contact info if needed.

I got mine done at Carrol's in Athens GA. Jam up job and they have tons of experience. Rebuilding my buddies SR20det from the ground up. It was putting down 450 to the wheels before the tear down. They did my head work. Port and polish and bigger valves and port matching.

I used Chics machine shop in Marietta GA (if that's closer to you) before. Just don't plan on any head work from them. They are strictly cleaning/boring/honing.

I've never been to Sunbelt but I have heard nothing but good things.

Let us know what you do so we can keep a database going. Good luck and keep us updated.

Thanks for the replies. I'll look into the above recommended shops.

I havent fully decided whether i want just machine work and i'll do the assembly or just let them do the whole thing. If I feel like the guy can do this engine in his sleep i'll go the drop in route.