HybridZ

a/c and heater vent ducking 71 240z

New to the form. 1971 240z my first car I ever bought. Drove it as a daily driver till around 1996. Had to have a truck. Stored it untill a couple of months ago. Have 2 motor and tranmissions. The one in the car now has the 3 webers, headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, polished head with a 274 duration and 480 lift cam, dual point mallary dist. All install in 1981. My concern now is not much air coming out of the vents on each side of the car in the dash. Remember I live in Texas with 50 somedays over 100. I found the plastic tubing is so far gone its needs to be replaced. Im going to remove the heater control box and clean it up, repaint it and replace the heater core, the valve, replace the fan with a 90s Honda civic blower motor unless someone tills me differant and reseal it with new foam. I need something to replace the plastic tubing that runs from the unit to the vents. Also where the end of the tube attach to the vent that plastic is gone there also. Have you tried to remove the 3 screws that attach the vent to the dash. It wasnt easy. Will I get them back in without removing the dash I hope so. Need as many and all the suggestions you can give. Please be specific as possible. What you bought, where you got, part #s etc. Anybody around Dallas would like to meet or talk 240z let me know.

• 3 months later...

New to the form. 1971 240z my first car I ever bought. Drove it as a daily driver till around 1996. Had to have a truck. Stored it untill a couple of months ago. Have 2 motor and tranmissions. The one in the car now has the 3 webers, headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, polished head with a 274 duration and 480 lift cam, dual point mallary dist. All install in 1981. My concern now is not much air coming out of the vents on each side of the car in the dash. Remember I live in Texas with 50 somedays over 100. I found the plastic tubing is so far gone its needs to be replaced. Im going to remove the heater control box and clean it up, repaint it and replace the heater core, the valve, replace the fan with a 90s Honda civic blower motor unless someone tills me differant and reseal it with new foam. I need something to replace the plastic tubing that runs from the unit to the vents. Also where the end of the tube attach to the vent that plastic is gone there also. Have you tried to remove the 3 screws that attach the vent to the dash. It wasnt easy. Will I get them back in without removing the dash I hope so. Need as many and all the suggestions you can give. Please be specific as possible. What you bought, where you got, part #s etc. Anybody around Dallas would like to meet or talk 240z let me know.

Just getting started on my 240 restore here in Dallas. Been on blocks since '82. Got the big stuff pulled but haven't even begun to dig into the interior. Would like to hear your progress and suggestions. Also looking for a good engine shop that understands the Z engine. Was running fine when it got put up, but it needs rebuilding by now.