HybridZ

Looking for help in South Texas

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct forum, but I am in San Antonio, TX and am looking for someone in the area with Turbo swap experience. Short version, I have a 1977 280z and about a year ago, I bought a wrecked 83 zxt with the intent of swapping the motor in. My mechanical experience is pretty basic, but when I took on the project, I knew a guy who offered to help. Over the last year we pulled the motors, and rebuilt the turbo one. A few months back, the guy helping me started having to work a ton of hours, has a family,etc, so understandably, was not able to help me complete the project. I hired a guy from Dallas to come down and swap the turbo motor itself into my Z and thats where I have been for the last few months.

Whats left is the wiring, cooling, exhaust, accessories,etc and doing it on my own is way out of my scope. If there is anyone nearby willing to help out (for money,beer,whatever,lol) please PM me. I've tried the local Z club and there didn't seem to be anyone with experience on this project. I've felt like giving up and have started to write a for sale ad countless times, but have come this far, that I hate to not complete it.

Thanks

There are tons of capable club members out there but many of them don't go to the meetings...have you tried the z-sport web forum? I know it must seem overwhelming but this really is a very straight forward swap and completely achievable by someone with basic knowledge of mechanics and wiring. Don't let a few wires or a couple bolts stand in your way, all the answers are out there in this forum and the others...

Good luck, don't sell it, just work on whatever little thing you can a few times a week and you'll get it done.

I too have a busy schedule but I have a 75 280 that has a ZXT swap in it and although I didn't do the swap myself I could provide you with tips as I have rebuilt and installed the motor on my 82 ZX by myself. I could also let you study from my car so that you can figure out your own. Like the saying teach a man to fish and he will never go hungry...besides you'll have better knowledge of your car when you do things yourself.

Not a hard project at all. If you were in Houston, we could get that knocked out in a weekend.

For your area and fairly local to you, I recommend you contact John Tezak (shaggy20v@yahoo.com), he is a pro at wiring and done some very complicated engine swaps that run perfectly. Tell him that "Yasin" sent you his way.

Good luck - Yasin

• 2 weeks later...