HybridZ

Will these brake line adapters work??

Hi guys. I purchased this Modern Motorsports rear disk package used from a guy a while ago that came with the hangers for the 240sx rear calipers, the calipers themselves, and some braided lines (I assume for stock front and rear S30 brakes). My question is due to the fact that there were no fittings for attaching the brake lines to the calipers, they were just sealed off with some little pieces of paper stuffed in. The guy said I just needed to get an adapter to fit the lines to the caliper, but I recently read on here that the 240sx brakes are supposed to have banjo fittings and that the MM package when purchased new comes with the proper soft lines and fittings to hook up to the 240sx caliper.

post-13971-064854200 1315500302_thumb.jpg

So I was looking at different fittings online...finding out what banjo fittings are and what not and saw these inverted flare adapters that would appear to meet my needs for fitting the flared end of the braided earl's brake line and then the other end would just screw into the hole in my 240sx caliper.

post-13971-096039400 1315500528_thumb.jpg

Would these fittings work for what I need to do?? And if a yes does anyone know offhand what size would be right? I do not know the exact year 240sx the calipers came off of.

Thanks guys.

So I've done a lot of looking around on the web and at the links that rossman supplied. Do the 240sx calipers NEED banjo fittings to function?? Is this type of fitting the only way that will work? I have not found the appropriate thread size and pitch out yet for the braided lines I have (for stock S30 rear brakes) and the 240sx calipers I have...just haven't made time yet (I was planning on just going to the hardware store and finding a bolt that fit the threads and making note of it (I assume I'll find the correct size...right??)

I guess what I boils down to is this...Is there any other fitting or adapter I can use or am I going to absolutely have to use banjo fittings and get new lines to connect the 240sx calipers to the Z rear hardlines?

Thanks for the reply rossman...I'm just a little confused since I bought a halfway pieced together setup and this is my first time working on a brake upgrade.

I think the only reason you might NEED banjo fittings is for clearance. The banjo is used when a tight right angle is needed. If you have room for a straight fitting the threads should not be a problem.

Take a look here: http://www.brakequip.com/fitting7.html

You should be able to ID the threads using regular hardware as you suggested. The straight fitting for your flex-hose will have straight threads and use a crush washer for the seal.